Saturday 13 October, 2007

A matter of choice


Whether to fly or to fall ? Many a people who saw this photo exclaimed " Wow! what a fall?" . I was perplexed, as in my mind it was never about the fall. Instead , i found myself thinking "Wow! what a platform to take off and fly" . But the reactions got me thinking. I questioned myself, why did I not think about the fall? Is it because, I am rejecting the possibility of a fall? If yes, what is the reason for rejection. I realized that , its the negativity of the word fall... Bingo! Has to be just that....
Wait a minute, it cannot be negative, if people say wow! to the fall. I started looking at the word in a new light. That's when I remebered the "Autobiography of a Pearl-Diver" from my 4th standard rapid reading. He would fall from the highest possible point to reach the deepest parts of the ocean. many such falls and dives later he would return with the pearls! Suddenly the photograph had a new meaning for me....
Aha! said my ego... see I can look at both aspects... atta girl, you intelligent soul... you have got it all figured out...
And then my brains decided to throw a googly... so you want to take the plunge and fall deeper into the pit and hope to get some pearls... what about the flight that would take you to beyond the horizon, into new skies....
Brings me back to the same question -- to fly or not to fly...... :)

1 comment:

Nilesh said...

Sorry! couldn't take my eyes off the pictures so didn't read this time! :) Will give it another go....Waise if you fly, good for you. Just in case you decide to fall, get a chute. You never know when it will come in handy.