Sunday 19 October, 2008

My Song

I stood in a circle, eyes closed in fear;
I thought for sure that the end was near
The road seemed to fall
In a dead end for all

Ever so slowly I opened my eyes
And felt my hopes rise
Lo! It was no end
Behold! Just a bend

The circle was hope not fear
My eyes dropped a relieved tear
I saw my friends, and gained a step
They said let go; I fell and I wept

Some said jump;
We will hold!
Others said turn;
There is much to behold!

I turned and I walked
I leapt in joy
My lover was waiting
I knew it was no lie

We held our hands
And Looked Beyond
Happily walking
To the rainbow on sand!

In this life again;
I will be born!
With this thought;
I start my song.

2 comments:

kau kau goes the crow said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kau kau goes the crow said...

Hands held the two walked
Long into the sunset they talked

The world spun and time did fly
The dreams weaved began to fructify

She sang their song
He hummed along

Her spirit was for achievement amongst other things
He silently promised to be the wind beneath her wings

;-) u have me inspired to put a few words together too